GW2. WvW Build. Celestial Herald Roaming Build. Revenant World vs World.
Last Update: January 2024
The Celestial Herald is a revenant build for WvW roaming that uses the Mallyx and Glint stances to gain as many boons as possible including Protection and Resistance, making it very survivable to play the role of a frontline tank. Rather than avoiding damage, you soak most of it through the Protection boon, Salvation trait damage reduction, and condition transfers.
Revenants can take full advantage of on-swap sigils with legend swaps to get more swap effects than normal. For example, if you swap legend stance after the 9 second internal cooldown is off, then swap weapons, you can trigger 4 swap sigils every 9 seconds allowing you to apply the conditions of Geomancy, Doom, and Hydromancy Sigils (Hydromancy gives Chill which also applies Torment). So always swap legend stance before swapping weapons to get the quadra swap effect. Otherwise you want to land CC combos to make enemies sit in your Mace fire field and because torment deals more damage to enemies who aren’t moving.
- Swap Legend when out of Energy
- Swap Weapon when out of cooldowns or stay in Sword/Shield for more defense or Mace/Axe for more offense
- Mace 2 covers the ground with pulsing burning and is low cooldown
- Mace 3 can blast the Mace 2 fire field for might and give weakness to enemies
- Axe 4 unblockable advance toward your target if it hits
- Axe 5 ranged CC
Basic Combo: Mace 5 > Mace 2 > Mallyx Call to Anguish > Mace 3 > Swap Legend/Weapon > Sword 2
This core combo stuns your enemies and pulls them into your Mace 2 to give them further burning damage, then blasts them with conditions from your quadra swap effect. It also allows you to instantly use Sword 2 on them in your fire field which gives even more burning to enemies hit by the whirl finisher. Landing this combo can be very simple for how much burst damage it does, but enemies will often play around it if you become predictable. You can bait dodges with your other skills or even set up the burst using the knockback from the Glint stance Elite.
With Resistance and Resolution from the Mallyx stance you can survive having many conditions on you without cleansing them for a while. After gathering up many conditions you can swap to Glint and cast the Facet of Light’s heal effect to gain plenty of healing, or you can use the F2 activation while in Mallyx to transfer those conditions to nearby enemies, which can be a massive comeback.
- Sword 2 is a quick attack that applies chill twice, meaning it gives two stacks of torment
- Sword 3 is an evade to follows a target, allowing you to use it defensively while waiting for your cooldowns or offensively by putting you in melee range to land your quadra swap.
- Shield 4 gives you Aegis, healing, and Protection.
- Shield 5 is a block that heals you. You can swap legend stances during this animation pressure enemies preparing to attack you, or to start gaining energy for your next rotation.
|Rune / Sigil
Primary Weapon Set
Secondary Weapon Set
- Relic: for extra movement speed since this build is otherwise very slow
- Relic: for more burst potential when using the Mallyx Elite skill
- Sigil: for more dodges instead of Hydromancy
|Mace / Axe
|Heal / Utility / Elite
|Sword / Shield
Chat Code: (copy/paste into in-game chat)