08/11/2020—August 11 Release Notes
Festival of the Four Winds
On behalf of Queen Jennah of Kryta and the Captain’s Council of Lion’s Arch, you are cordially invited to participate in the return of the Festival of the Four Winds!
High atop the Labyrinthine Cliffs, our Zephyrite friends have been working in tandem with Lion’s Arch to host an incredible variety of fun vendors and events to entertain visitors from all across Tyria. This celebration of unity and peace between our cultures is more important than ever before, and we hope that you will join us in the festivities.
In this spirit of cooperation, Queen Jennah has personally overseen the reopening of the Crown Pavilion, featuring a variety of challenges for Tyria’s finest to test their mettle!
Transportation to the festivities couldn’t be easier! Special hot air balloons are now stationed in each nation’s capital city. Visitors can also sail directly from the ship in Lion’s Arch.
We look forward to seeing you at the festival!
—Captain Ellen Kiel
- The Zephyrite bazaar has returned to the Labyrinthine Cliffs! Visitors to the Labyrinthine Cliffs can try their hand at many festival activities, including adventures, races, and scavenger hunts:
- Show your skill with the Zephyrite crystals in the Flying Dolyak race!
- Enjoy the sights of the sea in the bay-spanning Skimmer Slalom race!
- Team up with your friends to plunder lost treasure in the Treasure Hunt meta-event!
- Scramble to set a high score in the Crystal Collection adventure!
- Demonstrate your aviation ability in two griffon adventures!
- Compete to take the lead in the Sanctum Sprint activity!
- Challenge the competition with unique Zephyrite skills in the returning Aspect Arena!
- Leap across the Labyrinthine Cliffs to recover Zephyrite crystals and discover the fate of the bazaar’s fallen star, Kookoochoo the Incredulous!
- Trade materials with the Zephyrites for a new Zephyrite Supply Box containing a wide variety of possible items, including exceptionally rare skins and equipment from distant lands.
- For combat-inclined festivalgoers, the Crown Pavilion has reopened in Divinity’s Reach. Challenge re-creations of humanity’s greatest foes, legendary champions, and notorious figures!
- The renowned Boss Blitz returns! Organize your companions to challenge six legendary foes—they’ll gain strength as other bosses fall, so plan your battle carefully!
- Adventurers yearning to show their skills at a solo challenge, rejoice! The Queen’s Gauntlet has been reopened!
- Between blitzes, blow off some steam in the most hazardous festival race since Halloween: the infamous Pavilion Pursuit!
- New updates and prizes this year:
- Complete the Annual Four Winds Customs meta-achievement to earn the Sun-Blessed Vision, a helmet based on the Zephyrites’ elemental magic!
- Last year’s meta-achievement reward, the Winged Lantern back item, can now be purchased from the festival reward vendors.
- A new Zephyrite Weapon Enchanter has set up shop in the bazaar in the Labyrinthine Cliffs. If you have unlocked a Zephyrite weapon, you can use Festival Tokens to purchase a stylish Sun-Blessed version that glows with Zephyrite magic.
- Bosses in the Boss Blitz have been rebalanced with slightly lowered health.
- Sparcus Firesplash’s delay when jumping between platforms has been increased.
- Boom Boom Baines’s healing turret has been modified to a Shielding Turret that reduces her damage taken.
- Three new weapons have been added to the Zephyrite weapon set: the greatsword, hammer, and scepter.
- The traders at the bazaar in the Labyrinthine Cliffs have updated their trading prices.
- Several low-value items have been removed from the Zephyrite Supply Box and Zephyrite Curio Box.
- Zephyrite Supply Boxes and Zephyrite Curio Boxes now have a chance to drop a container that allows armor-weight selection for the Monocle instead of dropping each weight class separately. The drop rate for the new Monocle container is equal to the total drop rate of all three Monocle weights from previous years.
- Mini Molten Firestorm has been added as a rare reward from the Zephyrite Curio Box and a super-rare reward from the Zephyrite Supply Box.
- Scarlet’s Rainbow has been added as a rare reward from the Zephyrite Curio Box and a super-rare reward from the Zephyrite Supply Box.
- A new festival invitation, Invitation to the Festival of the Four Winds, will be included in the festival announcement mail for easy travel directly to the Labyrinthine Cliffs and the Crown Pavilion. If you misplace your invitation, it can be repurchased from Sarettokk in Lion’s Arch.
- A new daily bonus achievement, Daily Bonus Rewards: Boss Blitz, will reward you with extra Boss Blitz Chests for your first three completions per day.
- New guild hall decorations based on the Zephyrite style have been added to craft for your guild hall.
- The treasure hunt reward vendor now sells Embroidered Coin Purses in addition to their existing wares.
- Festival Tokens rewarded from adventure chests will now immediately be added to the wallet.
- Numerous bugs and glitches have been fixed to ensure a safer and more pleasant festival for all participants.
- Complete festival daily achievements to earn the Four Winds Zephyr daily achievement, contributing to the Four Winds Gale achievement, which rewards your choice of weapons based on Zephyrite crafts!
- Earn Festival Tokens and Favors of the Festival throughout the festival events to trade for exciting prizes, including Zephyrite backpacks, the illustrious Sovereign weapon set, and items based on the latest wonder of the Crown Pavilion, the Watchknight Mk II.
- Zephyrite Kite Baskets have been scattered across Tyria. Open them to claim prizes from the Zephyrite stockpiles.
- The Festival of the Four Winds will be available for three weeks, from August 11 until September 1. Enjoy the festivities!
- Fixed an issue in which Ember Doomforge was using the wrong character model in the episode “Jormag Rising.”
- Fixed an issue in which the Remote Charge 2.0 skill was not accurately displaying the maximum number of targets in its tooltip.
- Fixed an issue in which the Frost Legion Phalanxes in the “Assault on the Frost Citadel” meta-event in “Jormag Rising” would sometimes have their knockback persist after the first line was defeated.
- Fixed an issue in the Behind Enemy Lines story chapter in which the player’s allies could be attacked by Dominion soldiers even while disguised.
- War Supplies no longer give credit for the A Wrench in the Works story chapter.
- Fixed an issue in which players would sometimes lose key plates in Thunderhead Peaks after logging out.
- All map announcements in Drizzlewood Coast are now suppressible for players who have the Hide Optional Announcements option set in their game settings.
- Fixed an issue that caused the “Find and defuse Dominion mines” events in Sentinel Bay to require too few mines to be defused when attempted with large groups.
- Fixed an issue in which Ember Doomforge was using the wrong character model in the personal story instance Minister’s Defense.
- Fixed a bug that prevented Boneskinner Ritual Vials from dropping after certain conditions were met.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Boneskinner Strike Mission to award 30 Boneskinner Ritual Vials instead of 9 on gold-level completion.
- Viper’s Nest: Fixed a bug in which this skill would apply more poison than expected when traited with Trapper’s Expertise.
- Soulcleave’s Summit: Fixed a bug that could allow the Soulcleave spirit to remain after switching away from Legendary Renegade Stance.
- Improvisation: Updated this trait’s description to clarify that in the case of sequence skills, only the currently visible skill will be recharged.
World vs. World
- Equipment no longer takes damage in World vs. World maps when players are defeated.
- World vs. World ascended armor now requires rank 500 to purchase, down from rank 1,500–2,000.
- A new title, God of WvW, has been added. To earn this title, players must attain rank 10,000 in WvW and then purchase a title scroll from the Legendary Vendor located in WvW maps.
- Fixed a bug in which players could gain access to their profession mechanic while holding a banner after mounting and dismounting.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- The new Ice Reaver Pauldrons skin is now available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 500 gems.
- For a limited time, the Zephyrite Color Swatches: Blue, Green, Red, and Yellow are available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 175 gems each, a savings of 30%.
- For a limited time, the Lightning Kite, Sun Kite, and Wind Kite are available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 250 gems each, a savings of 50%.
- For a limited time, the Zephyrite Aspect Helm Pack and the Zephyrite Paraglider return to the Style category of the Gem Store for 500 and 400 gems respectively.
- For a limited time, the Black Lion Outfit Voucher and Black Lion Weapons Voucher return to the Style category of the Gem Store for 630 and 540 gems respectively.
Black Lion Chest
- The Black Lion Chest has been updated to the Dark Storm Chest and can be previewed for a full list of its contents.
- The returning Gnashblade Zephyrite Supply Box has been added as the guaranteed item for the duration of the Dark Storm Chest.
- The new Thunderhorse Staff skin is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Vermilion Wings Backpack and Glider Combo and the Storm Dagger skin return as uncommon drops for the duration of this chest.
- The Sclerite Weapon Collection and the Shadow Weapon Collection are available as uncommon and rare drops respectively for the duration of this chest.
- Unused versions of the Glyph of Overload and Glyph of Alchemy are available as rare drops for the duration of this chest.
- The items available in exchange for Black Lion Statuettes have been updated. Black Lion Statuettes are redeemable by using the statuettes themselves or by redeeming them at any of the Black Lion Chest Merchants located in every major city.
Late Notes: August 11, 2020
- The spawn locations for reward chests for the Assault on the Frost Citadel meta-event finale have been consolidated to a single location in Claw’s Roost.
- Fixed an issue in which players could get stuck in the ice that grows out of the cannons during the Assault on the Frost Citadel meta-event.
World vs. World
- No Downed State week is coming back to WvW from August 14 to August 21. For the duration of the event, players will skip being in the downed state and go directly into defeat. Additionally, players will receive double WXP, increased reward track progress, and increased magic find.
- Fixed a bug that caused the client to disconnect when players used the Invitation to the Party item while in Labyrinthine Cliffs.
- Fixed an issue that prevented enemy keep lords in the southern half of Drizzlewood Coast from dropping reward chests when players completed base-capture events.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Golden Black Lion Chest Key to incorrectly award Gnashblade’s Exotic Weapon Grab Bag instead of the Gnashblade Zephyrite Supply Box.
- Fixed blurry user interface elements.
- Fixed an issue that prevented some players from being able to loot chests rewarded for defeating keep lords and Dominion tribunes in Drizzlewood Coast.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Find and defuse Dominion mines” events in the southern half of Drizzlewood Coast from progressing.
- Added Memories of Otter and Shards of Crystallized Blood of Jormag to the final reward chest of the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.
- Added a rare chance to obtain Tribune weapons from reward containers in the repeatable WvW Drizzlewood Coast Reward Track.
Source: Guild Wars 2 Official Forums