09/15/2020—September 15 Release Notes
- The Advanced Skimmer Course now has objective text.
- The Advanced Skimmer Course now has boundaries. Straying too far from the course will automatically reset the adventure.
- Fixed a client crash that occurred when changing graphics preferences while using a display with a 300 Hz or higher refresh rate.
New Fractal: Sunqua Peak
Dessa’s krewe has observed a strange disturbance unlike anything seen before. Gather your allies and embark on an adventure of wondrous discovery. But beware…the Harbinger’s gaze once again falls upon you.
To accommodate the release of Sunqua Peak, certain fractals have had their associated scales adjusted.
- The daily fractal rotation has been adjusted to include Sunqua Peak.
- A new Sunqua Peak achievement category has been added under the Fractals of the Mists achievement category.
- Four new repeatable weekly fractal achievements have been added, one for each difficulty tier.
- A new rewards tab for Sunqua Peak has been added to BLING-9009’s inventory.
- A new currency, Unstable Fractal Essence, has been added to the wallet.
- Unstable Fractal Essences are earned by completing fractal challenge modes and can be traded for prestigious rewards.
- Unstable Cosmic Essences can be traded to BLING-9009 in exchange for 5 Unstable Fractal Essences.
- In accordance with this change, items purchased using Unstable Cosmic Essences can now be purchased using Unstable Fractal Essences.
- In accordance with this change, Unstable Cosmic Essences can no longer be obtained.
- A new achievement category, Weekly Raids, has been added to the Raids achievement category.
- A weekly raid challenge mode achievement, Top-Tiered Terror Toppler, has been added. Players must complete five challenge-mote based raid encounters on the achievement’s objective list.
- Plate of Eggs Benedict: Fixed an issue in which players below level 80 could use this item. Fixed an issue in which players could not use this item in certain instances.
Structured Player vs. Player
- Living World Portal Tomes can now be used in the PvP Lobby.
- Massive Globs of Ectoplasm can now be used in the PvP Lobby.
- Potions of Ascalonian Mages can now be used in the PvP Lobby.
BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions
- This is the last week to purchase the 8th Anniversary Supply Drop Requisition, available in the Utility category of the Gem Store for 3,000 gems. All supply drops from the previous weeks will be delivered at the time of purchase.
- The new Queensdale Academy Outfit is now available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 700 gems.
- The new Queensdale Academy Wand Set is now available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 700 gems.
- The new Queensdale Academy Package is now available in the Style category of the Gem Store for 1,500 gems.
- For a limited time, the Pirate Captain’s Outfit is available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 490 gems, a savings of 30%.
- For a limited time, Magnus’s Eye Patch is available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 240 gems, a savings of 40%.
- For a limited time, the Peg-Leg Boots Skin, Pirate Hook Skin, and Pirate Corsair Hat Skin are available on sale in the Style category of the Gem Store for 180 gems each, a savings of 40%.
- For a limited time, the Elite Reinforcements Package returns to the Upgrades category of the Gem Store for 3,000 gems.
Black Lion Chest
- The Black Lion Chest has been updated to the Dark Matter Chest and can be previewed for a full list of its contents.
- The new Fine Black Lion Dye Canister—Yellow has been added as the guaranteed item for the duration of the Dark Matter Chest.
- The new Dark Matter Cape is available as an uncommon drop for the duration of this chest.
- The Ebon Vanguard Elite Outfit and Shoulders Package and the Envoy Scythe Staff Skin return as uncommon drops for the duration of this chest.
- The Devoted Weapon Collection and Balthazar’s Weapon Collection are available as uncommon and rare drops respectively for the duration of this chest.
- Unused versions of the Glyph of Flight and Glyph of Industry are available as rare drops for the duration of this chest.
- The items available in exchange for Black Lion Statuettes have been updated. Black Lion Statuettes are redeemable by using the statuette itself or by redeeming one at any of the Black Lion Chest Merchants located in every major city.
- A new selection of outfits has been added, including Marjory’s Shrouded Outfit, Kasmeer’s Regal Outfit, and the Mursaat Robes, among others.
- The exclusive Iron Beast Greatsword, Etherbound Package, Griffon Hatchling Package, and Mini Awakened Mounts Pack are currently available.
- Additional items including the Mask of the Queen, Abaddon’s Mask, and Aetherblade Armor Skins, have been added, among others.
Improvements and Updates
- The Black Lion Miniature Claim Ticket Vendor has been updated.
- Minis have been recategorized and repriced.
- Minis available in exchange for Black Lion Miniature Claim Tickets will no longer cycle. All minis will be available at all times.
- The new Mini Corrupted Trahearne is now available in exchange for 20 Black Lion Miniature Claim Tickets.
- The Mini Snow Troll and Mini Tsuru Whitewing are now available in exchange for Black Lion Miniature Claim Tickets.
- The following minis have had their rarities upgraded to exotic:
- Mini Belinda Delaqua
- Mini Braham Eirsson
- Mini Caithe
- Mini Forgal
- Mini Holographic Scarlet
- Mini Kasmeer Meade
- Mini Mai Trin
- Mini Marjory Delaqua
- Mini Southsun Faren
- Mini Southsun Kasmeer
- Mini Trahearne
- Mini Vinetooth Faolain
- Mini Sieran
Late Notes: September 15, 2020
- Made performance improvements to the “Use oil reclamation pumps to clean up the spills!” event in Thunderhead Peaks.
- Fixed a bug in which the final boss of the Sunqua Peak fractal failed to target players with her most powerful attacks.
- Fixed a bug in which the Plea of Tides skill was not scaling damage between Tier 3, Tier 4, and Challenge Mode.
- Fixed a bug in which the final boss of the Sunqua Peak fractal became temporarily unresponsive under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug in which Charged Leap effects were not applying correctly under certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue in which one of the new community achievements was being incorrectly awarded depending on game type.
Source: Guild Wars 2 Official Forums