GW2. Raid Build. Power Willbender DPS Build. Guardian PvE.
Last Update: December 2023
The Power Willbender is a fast-paced DPS guardian build with mobility, burst, great CC, and the potential to change traits to give alacrity to the group if really necessary.
Using any of your F1/F2/F3 abilities will give you a buff that generates damage modifiers and allows you to trigger cooldown reduction on your weapon skills the more attacks you land during their duration. You want to upkeep one virtue buff at all times, prioritizing F1 > F3 > F2. Because F3 will give you Aegis and that also gives damage modifiers, use it when needed to block attacks and regain your Aegis.
Then use your heaviest hitting weapon skills like Greatsword 2/4 or Sword 2/Focus 4 to put them on cooldown so they can be recharged sooner, and fill in the gaps with your utility skills Sword of Justice and Purging Flames/Whirling Light since these do not gain cooldown reduction from the virtue active triggering. Swap between Greatsword and Sword/Focus when out of cooldowns to keep reducing other cooldowns.
- F1 or F2/F3 every 6 seconds
- Greatsword 4 > 2 (Sword 2 > Focus 4/5)
- Greatsword 5 > 3 (Sword 3)
- Sword of Justice > Purging Flames/Whirling Light
- Swap Weapon
|Item||Stat||Rune / Sigil|
Primary Weapon Set
Secondary Weapon Set
- Weapon: Replace Focus for Offhand Sword if you want more mobility at a minimal cost of DPS
|Greatsword||Heal / Utility / Elite|
|Sword / Focus|
- Elite: for more quickness uptime in split situations
- Utility: instead of Purging Flames
- Utility: for stability
- for cleansing allies frequently
Alternative to provide Alacrity (not preferred)
Make sure to upkeep the F2 buff before your bursts to share Alacrity
Chat Code: (copy/paste into in-game chat)