04/18/2023—April 18 Release Notes
Megaserver Map Queue Beta
- Players can now add themselves to a queue to join party members in open-world maps that are currently at their maximum player capacity.
- The queue can be reached through the party and squad UI by right-clicking on a player in your party that is within the instance you wish to join and selecting “Join Instance.”
- If that map instance is full, you will receive a new pop-up that will ask if you’d like to enter a queue for the same instance as your existing party members. Accepting this pop-up will put you into a queue, which will give you the option to travel to that map instance as soon as capacity allows. Refusing the queue will result in the same behavior as before this update.
- This feature is an upgrade to the megaserver system, which was first introduced in April 2014. We are introducing it as a beta while we keep a close eye on live issues and monitor your feedback.
- All players have been migrated to using DirectX 11 rendering. The DirectX 9 rendering option has been removed from the Options menu.
- Chromium Embedded Framework has been re-enabled as a replacement to Coherent UI. This technology powers web-based UIs like the launcher and Trading Post.
- Please report any potential issues on the Guild Wars 2 forums.
- Harvest Temple Strike Mission: Fixed an issue that could cause the defiance bar for some dragon hearts to be enabled after the heart was pushed to the edge of the platform.
- The fishing nodes at the Celestial Pool in Gyala Delve will now appear after defeating the ravenous wanderer.
- Sneak Gyro: Reduced stealth duration from 1.5 seconds to 1 second in PvP only. Reduced number of pulses from 6 to 5 in PvP only.
- Function Gyro: Reduced power coefficient from 1.0 to 0.5 in PvP only.
- Gyroscopic Acceleration: Reduced superspeed duration from 3 seconds to 2 seconds in PvP only.
- Signet of the Hunt: Increased cooldown from 20 seconds to 25 seconds in PvP only.
Source: Guild Wars 2 Official Forums