GW2. WvW Builds. Roaming Builds. Zerg Builds. 2022. Builds for Guild Wars 2 World vs World.
📣 Recommendations for New Players:
- Beginner’s Guide to Guild Wars 2 World vs World
- Guide to Objectives, Upgrades, Improvements and Tactics in World vs World
- Warclaw Mount Achievement Guide
- Guild Wars 2 Build Templates Guide
- Zerging versus Roaming (work in progress)
📣 Tier Legend:
- Best – ⭐
- Great – 💗
- Good – 💎
UP TO DATE
Last Update: September 2022
📣 Use the tabs below to navigate between builds
This is a list with a good variety of viable roaming builds for WvW. While roaming you may experience a variety of situations all within a short span of time because of how diverse WvW can be. So there are three main things you want on a roaming build:
- Self Sustain
- Burst Damage
When roaming you can’t rely on your team to cleanse and heal you with dedicated support players. Even though you can roam with a support it is slow and generally only good in situations where the fights are even or favored for you. If the situation doesn’t favor you, a support build can often get run over or can be rendered useless when their teammates scatter.
If you are in a vastly outnumbered situation the only option may be to retreat. Mobility can allow you to survive until you can reach the safety of your territory or allies. Also having the ability to chase down an enemy who is running away is important to having kill potential. You gain a lot more control over situations the more mobility you have.
Due to this opportunistic nature of WvW roaming it is only natural that roamers want to get in when situations favor them and get out quickly before they become too dangerous. Burst damage is useful for getting the kill unnoticed and then retreating back to safe positioning before the enemy can punish you for it.
With all of that said, the builds below will try to have a decent amount of all of these things when they can.
Remember! There’s no “meta” for roaming, use these builds as a starting point and adapt to your playstyle!
All classes are viable, the builds are rated between other builds of the same class.
- Power D/P Daredevil – ⭐
- Power Rifle Deadeye – ⭐
- Power Specter – ⭐
- Condition Specter – ⭐
- Power S/D Core – 💗
- Condition P/D Core – 💗
- Celestial P/P Daredevil – 💎
- Power “Sic ‘Em” Soulbeast – ⭐
- Power Survival Soulbeast – ⭐
- Celestial Druid – ⭐
- Celestial Soulbeast – 💗
- Power Hammer Untamed – 💗
- Condition Immobilize Druid – 💗
- Celestial Untamed – 💎
- Power Daze Druid – 💎
- Celestial Scrapper – ⭐
- Power Grenade Holosmith – ⭐
- Power Rocket Mechanist – 💗
- Power Tools Holosmith – 💗
- Celestial Mechanist – 💗
- Power Mortar Scrapper – 💎
- Celestial Core – 💎
- Condition Ambush Mirage – ⭐
- Celestial Virtuoso – ⭐
- Celestial Mirage – ⭐
- Power Ambush Mirage – 💗
- Power PU Virtuoso – 💗
- Condition Burst Virtuoso – 💗
- PU Shatter Burst Core – 💗
- Condition PU Chronomancer – 💎
- Power Shatter Chronomancer – 💎
- Celestial Fire Weaver – ⭐
- Celestial Catalyst – ⭐
- Celestial Tempest – 💗
- Power Fresh Air Weaver – 💗
- Power Fresh Air Hammer Catalyst – 💗
- Power Fresh Air Tempest – 💎
- Power Sword Lightning Rod Weaver – 💎
- Celestial Harbinger – ⭐
- Power Blood Reaper – ⭐
- Condition Core Terrormancer – 💗
- Power Harbinger – 💗
- Celestial Corrupt Reaper – 💗
- Condition Scourge – 💎
- Power Axe Bladesworn – ⭐
- Power Strength Spellbreaker – 💗
- Power Axe/Hammer Core – 💗
- Power Rifle Bladesworn – 💗
- Condition Burst Berserker – 💗
- Power Rifle Berserker – 💎
- Power Radiance Willbender – ⭐
- Power Trapper Dragonhunter – ⭐
- Power Meditations Dragonhunter – ⭐
- Celestial Firebrand – 💗
- Celestial Willbender – 💗
- Condition Dragonhunter – 💎
- Power Herald – ⭐
- Celestial Jalis Renegade – ⭐
- Power Vindicator – ⭐
- Celestial Vindicator – 💗
- Celestial Ventari Renegade – 💗
- Celestial Herald – 💎
- Power Renegade – 💎
These are some of the most common builds for Zerging in WvW. Builds role-defined builds because in large squads the duty of healing, doing damage, or utility, can often be simplified to a build that focuses only on that. The two main roles are:
DPS will usually have very aggressive builds with low amounts of sustain but high burst pressure that when coordinated with other DPS builds can break through the support of other squads. Supports will usually provide plenty of healing, revival, cleansing, stability, and boons to allow their DPS and other squad members to survive.
Another important duty of a squad is to remove boons from their enemies, which can be done by specific builds in either role to allow their DPS players to more easily land their damage especially if they can remove the most powerful boon, stability, so they can land crowd controls (CC).
Even further categorization can be done between frontline and backline. The frontline usually deal damage in close range can tank the damage of their enemies, whereas backline are usually less durable and stay within range of their supports but requiring positioning that doesn’t put them in danger. Supports are technically front and backline depending on who needs support. While some builds may be more essential than others, a balanced composition is more effective than stacking one build.
- Support Firebrand – ⭐
- Support Scrapper – ⭐
- Support Vindicator – 💗
- Support Tempest – 💗
- Support Spellbreaker – 💗
- Boon Strip Chronomancer – 💗
- DPS Scourge – ⭐
- DPS Herald – ⭐
- DPS Weaver – 💗
- DPS Berserker – 💗
- DPS Soulbeast – 💗
- DPS Dragonhunter – 💗
- DPS Daredevil – 💎
📣 Questions and Discussion
📣 The list for roaming is a compilation of builds which are constantly updated and tested by experienced roamers, making build guides or showing actual gameplay.
📣 The list for zerg is a compilation of the most common and optimal builds that most squads ask these days.
📣 If you are a content creator and want to be featured on the site feel free to contact me!
📣 Feel free to discuss or suggest more builds in the comments. Join GuildJen Discord for more discussion and questions.