12/12/2023—December 12 Release Notes
Come join us in celebrating Wintersday—Toymaker Tixx has made his annual visit to Divinity’s Reach to spread seasonal cheer and festivity! Bring the cheer of Wintersday to the distant north in the Secret Lair of the Snowmen, complete daily achievements to earn fanciful holiday weapons, save Wintersday for the orphans spread around Divinity’s Reach by giving them wrapped gifts, test your snow-throwing skills against other players in Snowball Mayhem, experience the joy of jumping in Winter Wonderland, defend against waves of toys in Toypocalypse, and help keep Tixx’s airship, the Infinirarium, in order! You will also see Wintersday gifts appearing all around Tyria.
- The annual Wintersday Traditions meta-achievement has been updated with a new armor reward, the Winter Fur Shoulders. Look your best for the festivities while warding off winter chill! Last year’s meta-achievement reward, the Wintersday Snow Boots, can now be purchased from a Charity Corps Seraph festival rewards vendor.
- The new Sacred Solstice weapon set is now available! Earn progress toward completing the annual Wintersday Traditions meta-achievement or the weekly Wintersday Festivities achievement to receive a weapon of your choice.
- Three new weapons are now available as rare drops from Wintersday Gifts. They can also be purchased from Sparking Stone in Divinity’s Reach.
- A new mini has been added to the items offered by a Charity Corps Seraph festival rewards vendor.
- New winter-themed guild decorations have been added.
- Updated Freezie’s event timer in the Secret Lair of the Snowmen to indicate that Freezie will become enraged when the timer ends.
- Fixed an issue that caused enemy toys in Toypocalypse to occasionally teleport directly to their destination.
- A number of festival-related issues have been fixed to ensure a happy holiday for all heroes.
Wintersday will be active until January 2 at noon Pacific Time (UTC-8). See you in Divinity’s Reach!
- Removed the Enable Stereoscopic Rendering option from the graphics menu. This was a DirectX9 only option, and the DirectX9 renderer is no longer available. Stereoscopic rendering is no longer supported by the major graphics vendors.
- Removed the Refresh Rate option from the graphics menu. This was a DirectX9 only option, and the DirectX9 renderer is no longer available. The Frame Limiter option, which works similarly, is still available.
- Fixed an issue that could allow passengers on siege turtles to earn achievements related to completing races without using a mount.
- Fixed an issue that could cause nonparticipants in a race event to receive race timer enhancements when the event began.
- Added further messaging when a player tries to start Chapter 11 of the Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure story without having completed Chapter 6 with any character.
- Fixed an issue in Molten Furnace that allowed players to interact with the exit lever and depart before the quest was completed.
- Fixed an issue in the Battle for Cragstead that swapped Ornan and Haslo.
- Fixed an issue in the Ignaxious encounter that caused the rubble piles to sometimes break sooner than intended.
- The Arcane Flow Infusion has been added to Sarettokk’s wares in Lion’s Arch for players who have previously acquired the infusion from the Wizard’s Vault.
We are updating some of the repeatable achievements in Convergences to better reward players who split off to deal with the threats on the outer sections of the instance.
- Convergence Creature Crusher: Progress for this achievement no longer gives a fixed amount when at 200% player participation. Adjusted the amount of progress granted when crushing different kinds of Kryptis. The achievement text will be updated in a future release.
- Siege Engine Stomper: Adjusted the amount of progress granted when stomping siege engines.
- Relic of the Monk: Fixed an issue that caused this effect to have an internal cooldown.
- Telluric Wrath: Fixed an issue that caused Ignaxious’s first attack to do no damage.
- Fixed an issue that caused hammer orbs to be incorrectly removed when swapping to a conjured weapon.
- Lingering Thoughts: Fixed an issue that caused this skill to have a higher cooldown than intended for players in PvE and for virtuosos in all game modes.
- Axes of Symmetry: Fixed an issue that caused this skill to have a higher cooldown than intended for virtuosos.
- Ego Restoration: Fixed an issue that caused this trait to cleanse a condition from allies when shattering.
- Malicious Sorcery: Fixed an issue that caused this trait to interrupt the player when activated.
- Heat the Soul: Fixed an issue that caused this trait to give less might than intended in PvP and WvW.
Source: Guild Wars 2 Official Forums