01/10/2023—January 10 Release Notes
Lunar New Year
As another new year dawns on Tyria, join the festivities in Divinity’s Reach! The Year of the Rabbit is upon us, and the Lunar New Year festival returns with new rewards. Collect and open Lucky Envelopes to earn Essences of Luck, delicious foods, fireworks, valuable items, and a chance to find the new Lucky Rabbit Lantern back items!
- The Lunar New Year annual meta-achievement, Lunar New Year Customs, has been updated with a new reward, the Embellished Rabbit Vest! Last year’s meta-achievement reward, the Primal Tiger Hood, can now be purchased from the Lunar New Year rewards vendors.
- The new Firework weapon set is now available! You’ll receive your choice of a weapon by progressing the annual Lunar New Year Customs meta-achievement, and you can rarely find additional tradeable weapons in Lunar Gift Boxes, which are available from a new daily achievement.
- Three new weapons are now available as rare drops from Divine Lucky Envelopes. They can also be purchased from Sparking Stone in Divinity’s Reach.
- Lucky Envelope rewards have been updated with new items for the Year of the Rabbit, including a new back item to celebrate the Year of the Rabbit in style.
- Two new miniatures have been added to the festival reward vendors.
- New guild decorations have been added to commemorate the Year of the Rabbit.
- A number of festival-related bugs have been fixed to ensure a happy holiday for all heroes.
Lunar New Year will be active until January 31 at noon Pacific Time (UTC-8). See you in Divinity’s Reach!
- Profession icon tooltips in the guild roster and the party and squad UI now display the elite specialization of the player if they are using one, instead of only the profession’s name.
- Fixed an issue that caused some repeatable Guild Wars 2: End of Dragons achievements to sometimes incorrectly count additional points when tallying achievement point totals.
- This may appear to reduce some players’ achievement point totals upon logging in, as the “extra” achievement points will be removed.
- Removed the name confirmation requirement when discarding Snowman Tonics, Festive Golem Tonics, and Reindeer Tonics.
Source: Guild Wars 2 Official Forums