GW2. WvW Build. S/D Daredevil Roaming Build. Thief World vs World 2023.
Last Update: May 2023
The Sword Dagger Daredevil is a fast-paced WvW thief which uses mobility and timing to assassinate enemies who are isolated while also avoiding counter pressure by entering and exiting the fight with teleports.
Learning how to use Sword 2 is key to performing on this build, as it is your engage tool and your disengage tool tied together. Remembering the initial location you teleported from allows you to create space by moving away from that location when enemies target you, and then teleporting to the initial spot. It can also be used on neutral mobs and structures to teleport away from enemies.
One trick that can be used to get away from a fight is to use Sword 2 at your enemy, and then run in the opposite direction of your return spot. Then let your enemy get close to you so your teleport back will create the most space. Then after your return you can use your port to engage on a target even further away from them. Then swap to shortbow and port again, which can create enough distance to get out of combat.
Your damage comes from three main sources:
- Air and Fire sigils which trigger whenever you crit every 3-5 seconds. Just poking your target with Sword 2 or Dagger 4 can trigger these while you keep kiting or returning quickly and bait out enemy cooldowns.
- Sword 3 provides unblockable damage and boon rip, but it can be costly to spam. Prefer to use this only when you need an evade or you want to take on targets with loss of blocks or boons.
- Sword 5 does good damage but will also give vulnerability to your target and stealth you to allow the Tactical Strike sneak attack. This can blind from the front or daze from behind and give even more vulnerability.
Basic Opener Combo:
Sword 2 > Dagger 5 > Sword 111 > Sword 3 > Scorpion Wire > 3 > Dagger 5 > Sword 1
Add Steal anywhere to this combo to prevent counter pressure, to gap close, or to interrupt heal skills. Because it is a daze you don’t want to steal to enemies who are already CC because you want to chain it instead of stack them. However, steal also gives you fury which will supplement your burst, so using it earlier on may be beneficial.
|Item||Stat||Rune / Sigil|
Primary Weapon Set
Secondary Weapon Set
- Stats: more Berserker or some Valkyrie can also be substituted in
- Rune: for more burst but less sustained damage
|Sword / Dagger||Heal / Utility / Elite|
- for more cleanse
- for a more defensive stun break
Chat Code: (copy/paste into in-game chat)
i love your builds so much i try every thief build because of the current meta 😛 i hope there is a video soon from this build ^^
Hi! Superior Sharpening Stone can provide more than extra 40 power and save 16 silver each stone =D