GW2. Raid Build. Power Reaper. DPS Necromancer PvE.
Last Update: September 2023
The Power Reaper is a DPS necromancer build with great cleave and CC while being extremely survivable. It is one of the more forgiving and versatile builds that can self buff might and quickness while also having a visceral and fun playstyle, making it one of the best builds for beginners.
You will do more damage in Shroud, but swapping in and out is necessary to give the damage bonus from Soul Barbs and regain life force. Prioritize using the Shroud generating weapon skills like Greatsword 3/5 and any of the Staff skills while out of shroud. Always use your Wells before going into Shroud to increase their damage.
Skill Rotation: Use both weapons’ higher priority skills first and then swap weapon to the other. When Shroud is off cooldown you should enter it if you have enough life force. Greatsword 2 is a slow animation, but can be repeatedly used if the target is below 50% health.
- Staff 5 > 3 > 4 > 2
- Greatsword 3 > 4 > 5
- Greatsword 2
- Always use Well of Darkness and Well of Suffering before entering Shroud
Reaper Shroud Priority:
- Shroud 5 if Chill uptime is needed (damage bonus to chilled targets), otherwise only use it if the target is below 50% health
- Shroud 4
- Shroud 2
- Shroud 1 (finish third attack in chain)
- Leave Shroud before Soul Barbs buff wears off
CC: Greatsword 5, Staff 5, Flesh Golem Activate, Shroud 3, Shroud 5
|Item||Stat||Rune / Sigil|
Primary Weapon Set
Secondary Weapon Set
|Staff||Heal / Utility / Elite|
- Utility: for more shroud, CC, and pulls
- Utility: for more boon removal
Chat Code: (copy/paste into in-game chat)